This job might no longer be available.
Game Design Intern (Summer 2021)
24 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold. Madden NFL is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Maitland, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
- Support the game vision as set by the Creative Director and Product Owner
- Provide qualitative and analytical feedback around multiple balancing and tuning mechanics that individually encompass a larger, central ecosystem.
- Provide daily design support as needed and defined by design lead, specific tasks dependent on goals and needs of current place in the project cycle
- Personally implement and/or contribute to implementing quality of life and polish throughout the game or feature’s different functionalities.
- Show passion for user-specific needs in game design with consideration to fun, player acquisition, monetization and engagement
- Retain original IP’s core brand values and game experience in the service consistently
- Reliably interact with revision control (P4/Perforce), debug tools (Visual Studio), and publish builds to test any local changes prior to submission. Basic troubleshooting/QA experience a bonus.
- Escalate quality concerns or blocking issues found around task work, and/or technical issues promptly to QV and necessary development partners
- Remain current on industry trends including new game design methods and latest platforms that could apply to design discussions
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program and are slated to graduate after May 2022
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US on a fulltime basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- You have an enthusiasm and basic knowledge of video games, gameplay theories, and can articulate what draws you to/from game concepts as a user
- You are a passionate NFL, football, or sports fan or sports video game enthusiast (at any skill or knowledge level)
- You have awareness or interest of key calendar dates and significance of the NFL year’s events, or understanding of roster and teambuilding concepts.
- You are passionate about statistics/data and how they can or do apply in sports-centric scenarios
- You have some experience conceptualizing, creating, and/or implementing game concepts using different tools and technology (scripting or tools design experience a bonus)
- You are proficient in organizing content and information in a comprehensible way (using flow charts, slides, and clear documentation)
- You know how to oversee a task from start to finish; capturing and communicating on detailed design documentation
- You are energetic and motivated about overcoming challenges, and seek creative solutions to solving problems
- You are skilled at time management, risk assessment, or ROI analysis and can apply those methods to your work