Game Design Intern (PAID)
9 days ago
Electronic Arts’ Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne is regarded throughout the industry as a leader in delivering high-quality, engaging games on iOS and Android. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for our live mobile games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and The Sims Mobile.
We’re looking for highly passionate Game Design Interns to join our experienced team on a 12 month full-time (paid) opportunity. You will experience working in a game development environment and work with a cross-discipline team to provide high-quality designs for mobile games. You will report to the Creative Director. This is a fantastic opportunity to prepare yourself for a career as a professional in the gaming industry and you will gain experience from our intensive internship program.
- Plan, implement and refine content
- Develop design documentation, and maintain it
- Bring a fresh perspective to the table: mechanics, story ideas, features
- Work with other disciplines
- Remain accountable regarding task progress
- Provide & receive constructive feedback to other designers about their work and ideas
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word), and Visio
- Experience with software development and associated tools
- Experience in the development of design documentation
- Broad knowledge of multiple genres and platforms, with an ability to critically analyze them
- Participation within existing game design and fiction to create new systems, features and content
- An interest in learning several fields related to game design, staying in tune with the latest trends and products in the gaming marketplace