Game Design Intern - Madden
17 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, College Football, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC .
Madden NFL is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Orlando, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
For this role, we are looking for someone to help build out our core development team – whether that be in our career mode, presentation and cameras, user interface, backend systems, or many others.
There is no set route to becoming a Game Designer Intern. Game development is a complex discipline, so the Game Designer Interns will work with teams of programmers, artists, project managers, writers, producers, and many others.
Game development is a collaborative process involving diverse teams. Designers must be communicate their vision to artists, programmers, producers, marketing staff, and others involved in the development process, and accept feedback on their work.
You will report to the Development Director/Manager of the team you will be contributing to.
- You will work with teams including Producers, Artists, Programmers, Marketing and other Leads to guide the team's understanding of the project's vision.
- Develop live service content documentation, including mechanics, guidelines, content, and gameplay outlines.
- Plan and determine elements and components of a game or live service update, including its setting, structure, rules, story flow, characters, objects, and peripherals available to the characters; interface design; and game modes.
- You will develop Prototypes in any tool of preference to prove design concept to team and iterate.
- Contribute by bringing new ideas to the table regarding every facet of the game.
- Coordinate with Leads to ensure that level design documentation and implementation are realistic ; participate in regular, hands-on interaction with Producer and Software Engineers to ensure that the concepts and content of assigned games meet design requirements.
- Coordinate assigned development team to establish the creative vision, technical specifications, fun factor and product content for assigned products.
- You will establish relationships with our creative resources.
- Understand interface design ability and game design theories.
- Understand Live services and content creation in videogames.
- Experience presenting visions both verbally and on paper.
- Prototype ideas using platform of choice.
- Documentation skills
- Systems Design background a desired plus
- Fluent in English
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.