This job might no longer be available.
Game Design Director
7 days ago
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together accomplished people who combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
As Game Design Director you'll be working on significant licensed sports IP titles such as NFL and NBA mobile games. You have experience with all elements of mobile game development, from pre-production through live ops. You have experience with all areas of design, including gameplay, systems, and economy. You have an acute awareness of free to play mobile games and understand how design can maximize results while ensuring a focus on the player experience. You are a team-oriented person who excels in an innovative environment and someone who enjoys working with accomplished people on outstanding products. Experience working with distributed or remote teams is a major benefit.
- Define and expand upon a creative vision that delivers on the product goals
- Partner with the Game Director, Lead PM, and other team members to determine and refine the product goals
- Work with the design team to guide the creation and refinement of game designs that align with the vision
- Coordinate with designers and leadership to help establish scope, schedule design tasks and meet milestone demands
- Perform ongoing design to refine the game design throughout the development process from early design through to live service iteration
- Work with all departments on the scheduling and integration of game features
- Review and provide feedback on design work to ensure it is aligned with the creative vision
- Give feedback and help to implement improvements to the processes and tools that the team will use
- Mentor and lead the design team to grow their capabilities
- Be a creative leader for the team
- Report to the Producer
- 5 + years experience in the field of mobile game design.
- 1+ shipped product as a Design Director, Senior or Lead designer.
- Experience designing game economies and tuning/balancing game systems
- Shipped title experience with successful mobile titles
- Excellent design skills and deep understanding of game design theory.
- Strong knowledge of retention, engagement, and monetization, and how to design across different genres to target players
- A deep desire for delivering a high level of quality, with an awareness of what the prevailing standards of quality are in game design.