Game Design Director
9 days ago
Duties will include:
- Managing our team of talented game designers and game directors
- Regularly playing and providing feedback on the latest versions of all of our in-development games
- Serving as a sounding board and brainstorm partner for our game directors
- Mentoring game designers and others at BYG who are interested in learning more about game design
- Being responsible for developing and maintaining BYG's game design processes
- Being responsible for the overall design quality of BYG's games
- At least 8 years of professional game design experience
- At least 3 shipped games as a game designer or lead designer
- Previous experience managing a team of designers, or other leadership experience
- The ability to articulate fuzzy game design concepts in an understandable and actionable way
- The ability to deconstruct the design of other games and to explain how and why those components produce the results that they do
- Excitement for building inclusive games for diverse audiences
- Experience fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment
- Patience, humility, a growth mindset, and an eagerness to help others grow
- Detail oriented, responsive, and extremely reliable
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Willing to relocate to Vancouver, Canada. (We will sponsor a visa for the right candidate.)
- Experience with game design in a variety of genres is a plus!
Brace Yourself Games is located in downtown Vancouver, Canada, and this position is local. This is a permanent full time paid position. Rate of pay is above industry standard and includes a profit sharing plan and an outstanding benefits package. We develop games because games make us happy. If we’re not having fun doing it, what’s the point? No one at BYG is required to work more than 40 hours per week. We maintain an inclusive, supportive, fun company culture. We’re looking for the candidate who will make BYG an even better place to work! We will respond to successful applicants with an offer to interview. Thanks very much! We look forward to hearing from you.
Brace Yourself Games is expanding. The creators of Cadence of Hyrule, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Phantom Brigade, and Industries of Titan are now hiring a Game Design Director!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.