Kano is looking for a Data Analyst to help us create meaningful connections through lasting social games. To reach our goal, we need to be able to understand what our players want and to make sure that our products and games deliver that experience. We learn a lot about our players through human interaction, but also try to understand them better through their behaviour with our products. We gain that knowledge through data mining, analysis, and machine learning.
We need someone who is committed, highly meticulous, creative and passionate enough to pursue only the very best work possible. We not only need an individual who can clean and analyze data, but can also turn the results of that analysis into actions that can be implemented to improve our experiences.
The position is open to remote work across Canada, with an office in beautiful Victoria, BC. Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents.
- Create and operate tools and systems that facilitate data-driven decision making
- Coordinate automation of tracking and reporting in cooperation with our developers
- Collaborate with various members of product, marketing and customer service teams
- Analyze player data for patterns and trends, share insights with the teams
- Discover opportunities for driving value for the business
- Develop and validate predictive models to solve problems, b alance and tune game economies
- Prototype new ways to visualize and understand data relationships in interactive dashboards
- Uncover consumer insights that inform targeting and segmentation
- Define and report on KPI’s of products to improve core game metrics
- Determine the data needed to answer key business questions, and deliver analysis to a variety of stakeholders throughout the organization
- Present recommendations in a clear, easy to understand format for technical and non-technical audiences alike, while documenting the analytical process
- Continuously improve, maintain, and develop our analytics tools for our games
- A bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, data science or a related field.
- Ability to show resourcefulness and ownership of our games reporting and analysis systems.
- You are a Team Player that is Hungry, Humble, and SMART.
- Previous experience A/B testing and determining statistical significance
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- 3+ years practical data analysis experience
- Analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in building and reporting solutions using BI tools like Tableau, AWS QuickSight, Power BI etc
- Practical knowledge of programming software used for data analysis such as Python R, RStudio and SQL
- Working experience of a Data Warehouse
- Strong experience in data mining and ETL
- Experience in data accuracy, data validation and forecasting
Nice To Have
- Data experience in games - mobile, desktop
- Programming experience using Python and packages like pandas, numpy, matplotlib is a plus
- Experience using cloud services like AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience using Shiny
- Experience in building prediction models using ML - Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch etc
Bootstrapped in 2008, we have been a profitable and growing game studio for over a decade. With hits like Free Rider HD and Mob Wars LCN (Top 100 grossing app on Facebook), and our recently released Idle Distiller, we hope to contribute to the world by connecting people through play.
Locally owned and headquartered in downtown Victoria, BC, we believe in giving small teams of talented people challenging problems and getting out of their way. That’s why we look for the best and brightest to join our team; people who have talent, vision, and commitment.
Check out this article if you'd like to get some insight into our hiring process, our employee manual to understand how and why we do things the way we do, or this fun little video for an intro to the team. Or follow #kanoapps on social !
*Kano is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law*