Game Creations Operations Engineer
2 days ago
The Information Technology group (EAIT) works as a global team to empower EA's employees and business operations to be creative, collaborative, and productive. As a digital entertainment company, EA's enterprise technology needs are diverse and span across game development, workforce collaboration, marketing, publishing, player experience, security, and corporate activities. Our mission is to bring creative technology services to each of these areas, working across the company to "ensure better play.
- Work directly with Game Creation engineers and help us solve technical challenges
- Resolve issues involving project implementation, code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis for the products/platforms assigned
- Build internal relationships with our development and product management teams to help us communicate the priorities of our customers
- Improve product quality by injecting fresh ideas and bringing innovations to existing products or platforms, building automation
- You will develop additional software components for tasks associated with the projects/platforms, designing and debugging software applications.
- You will participate in projects that improve overall product and documentation quality
- Participate in product/platform testing and updates
- Achieve knowledge transfer through the delivery of training, knowledge sessions, mentoring
- Help increase the team efficiency by sharing knowledge, providing feedback about best practices, writing tools/utilities
- Develop your technology skills and become a versatile IT professional
- Participate in weekend rotation and shifts
- Will report to Game Creation Operations Manager
The team operates in a 24x7 support model, so the ability to work in shifts, on weekends and on holidays is required.
- Have experience of 3 years working with customers
- Empathy for the customer experience
- Able to manage time and balancing multiple tasks with varying levels of priority and urgency
- Understand complex technical issues and manage to express them in simple and concise language
- Familiarity with database concepts (e.g. SQL Server, MongoDB)
- Understand technology concepts - virtualization, operating systems (Linux, Windows), cloud (AWS, Azure), networking (IP, routing, firewall, ACL's), scripting (Python, Bash, Powershell)
Qualification in Computer Engineering or relevant experience needed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.