Game Capture Artist
11 days ago
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
As an integral part of our Brand team, you will partner with artists, animators, programmers, and designers to capture game sequences and make creative video assets which support our marketing and community efforts across all channels.
As our Game Capture Artist, you will...
- Plan, capture, and edit gameplay trailers that showcase the stunning visuals of Relic game features and specific core mechanics
- Construct real-time environments using the game engine and editor, from map generation to staging and in-game set dressing
- Use principles of cinematic staging, blocking, and a cinematic eye to take shots from rough concept to final presentation, to create video assets for brand team support
You are a great fit if you have...
- Experience on 1 or more titles creating cinematic game capture sequences via real-time engine capture, working within a marketing, brand, or game production team
- In-engine 3D camera manipulation expertise, with storytelling experience to create action-oriented and dramatic sequences with a strong visual aesthetic
- Hands-on experience working with, and manipulating, in-game engines (eg; Source, Unreal, Unity)
- Excellent organizational skills that demonstrate the ability to break down the scope and complexity of shot sequences and communicate the effort required for estimates and priority management
- Understanding of video editing fundamentals, along with some knowledge of post-production processes for assembling for review and final output
- A portfolio that demonstrates a high understanding of core visual concepts – cinematography, composition, choreography
- Experience working with varying levels of supervision and direction, ranging from complete autonomy to working directly with clients, leads, editor, producer, or creative directors
- Creative problem-solving skills with an ability to quickly adapt to our proprietary software and a dynamic production environment
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite in a PC environment
- A love for games and knowledge of the RTS genre
- A desire to learn and grow with us
It's a bonus if you have...
- Experience and background in film, photography, motion graphics, audio, lighting, animation, machinima, or compositing
- Familiarity with gameplay scripting (eg; LUA) or tools scripting with Python
- Experience working with a game studio’s proprietary game engine
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available. You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly
, Sports Interactive
, HARDlight Studio
, and Amplitude Studios
), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.