Game Capture Artist - Temp
9 days ago
Team Name:Blizzard Video
Job Title:Game Capture Artist - Temp
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a temp Capture Artist for our Blizzard Video team. Blizzard Video is part of Blizzard's award winning Story and Franchise Development Team. Its mission is to support Blizzard's game team’s marketing and communications efforts through the development of epic digital content designed to inform, entertain, and engage Blizzard’s community and fans everywhere.
We are looking for a talented and well-rounded temp capture artist to support the Blizzard Video Team. The ideal candidate is a person with an artistic eye, who can leverage the Blizzard Entertainment style to create a wide range of video content including game play and screenshots. Additionally, this artist must be flexible and enjoy working on a variety of different projects while being able to manage multiple overlapping deadlines.
- Assist artists in capturing media assets for each of Blizzard Entertainment's IPs
- Capture gameplay footage for a variety of different projects
- Act as a runner in multiplayer game capture sessions
- Intermediate knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment IPs
- Advanced understanding of shot composition, lighting, and framing
- Able to take direction, as well as learn and implement new processes
- Able to work in an environment with rapid project turnaround and frequent priority shifts
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment, and within an iterative design process
- Flexible in learning existing and new capture hardware and software
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills through innovative concepts, designs, and ideas
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to QC your own work
- Above average skill in gaming
- Passion for video games, movies, graphic novels, and other elements of pop culture
- Knowledge of media editing software such as, Adobe Premiere (or equivalent package)
- Experience in video game editors or an equivalent in-game cinematic tool (Unreal’s Matinee, Source Filmmaker, Unity etc.)
- Hobbyist level experience modding games
- Interest in photography
- Resume (PDF version preferred)
- A demo reel or link to porfolio
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.