Game Build Engineer
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
13 days ago
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. In eight years, our gaming titles have been downloaded over 2 billion times providing fun to millions of people, every day, everywhere.
We are not done yet. We aspire to develop games that will be remembered by generations. To achieve this goal, we pursue to be best-in-class in each of our major disciplines: Product, Engineering, Art, Marketing, and Data. That’s why we are rapidly expanding and building talented and passionate teams in our offices in Argentina, Brazil, Ireland, and the US.
About the Team
The mission of the Build Systems & Automation team is to provide the environment and tools to allow game teams to have reliable and efficient build processes and automated tests.
About the Role
As a senior build engineer, you will work with a team of engineers who are passionate about game quality and continuous integration. You will design and maintain tools and processes to ensure that game builds and automated tests run as efficiently as possible. Part of this is making sure that we are collecting the appropriate metrics to monitor build times, as well as providing support for game teams that are having trouble with their builds.
Who you are
- Passionate about technology. Learning new tools, frameworks, libraries, and ways to do things is fun for you. You are motivated by tackling difficult technical challenges;
- You like listening to and helping others. You are a team player and can interact with people from different backgrounds;
- Self-driven. You have a go-getter attitude, exceptional organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks;
- You're flexible, bold, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world;
- You actively seek to understand the current context in order to propose solutions that are actually better than what is in place.
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain tools and software that allows:
- Fast and reliable builds
- Running automated tests and checks
- Collect build metrics from project builds
- Creation of new game projects in a common way
- Support game development engineers with build-related problems;
- Keep a healthy build farm with proper scaling, monitoring and versioning;
- Install, maintain and upgrade software in build servers.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience using Unity3D professionally;
- Experience with using Xcode and gradle to build iOS and Android apps;
- Experience setting up Continuous Integration systems;
- Experience with scripting languages (Bash and Python).
Nice to have
- Ability to debug complex C++ applications
- Experience optimizing build pipelines in Unity3D
- Experience supporting different teams on setting up and using build systems