This job might no longer be available.
Game Balance Designer
15 days ago
Wargaming Moscow invites Game Balance Designer to calculate and configure performance characteristics and other aspects of in-game entities for a new, unannounced mobile F2P third-person shooter. This person will also be responsible for the in-game economy and progression, as well as develop the gameplay concept together with other designers and analysts.
We will be glad to find a new colleague who, like us, is passionate about competitive games and shooters, loves to play games, wants to make a real contribution to the creation of new games with Wargaming.
Wargaming is a large international team for which there are no boundaries! We are interested in talented employees from all over the world and are ready to be flexible in terms of geography: the main part of our team is based in Moscow, employment is also there, but we are flexible in approaching the location of a particular member of our team.
What will you do?
- Calculate the in-game economy based on mechanics and in-game events
- Calculate and configure the game balance for a range of entities in the game
- Create and verify hypotheses and detect vulnerabilities in the game
- Interact with the analytics department, game design team, and project development team
- Upgrade the economy and make changes based on the results of statistical analyses
- Evaluate the performance of mechanics and game events
- Maintain documentation on the game economy and balance
- Work with the admin panel
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of experience in the game industry (preferably mobile projects) as a Game Designer or Game Balance Designer
- Confident understanding (proven by released projects) of game economy balance principles
- Knowledge of the principles and current trends of F2P project monetization
- Knowledge of the principles of building a meta-game and game progress of F2P projects
- Knowledge of probability theory, linear algebra, and mathematics
- Good command of Google Sheets, Excel, and XML
- Passion for games, MMO projects in particular
What will help you stand out?
- Rich gaming experience, especially in mid-core mobile PvP games and MMORPGs
- Basic programming (scripts) / SQL skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the main KPIs of game projects
- Experience with game engines
- Knowledge and experience with Git
- Experience working on projects at different development stages from pre-production to support
- Knowledge of the machinations.io framework (a finished project in this environment or the visualization of the test task through this set of tools will be a huge advantage)
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.