Game Balance Designer - WoT Blitz
8 days ago
Wargaming invites Game Balance Designer to calculate and configure performance characteristics and other aspects of in-game entities for our flagship mobile vehicle shooter World of Tanks Blitz! This person will also be responsible for the in-game economy and progression, as well as develop the gameplay concept together with other designers and analysts.
We will be glad to find a new colleague who, like us, is passionate about competitive games and shooters, loves to play games, wants to make a real contribution to our well-known product.
Wargaming is a large international team for which there are no boundaries! We are interested in talented employees from all over the world and are ready to be flexible in terms of geography: the main part of our team is based in Vilnius so we consider it as a primal location, but we are also flexible in considering two other options for our product: Berlin, Germany and Nicosia, Cyprus.
What will you do?
- Calculate and configure the game balance for a range of entities in the game (tanks, branches, etc.)
- Create and verify hypotheses and detect vulnerabilities in the game
- Interact with the analytics department, game design team, and project development teams
- Maintain documentation on the game balance
Who are we looking for?
- 2+ years of experience in the game industry as a Game Designer or Game Balance Designer
- Confident understanding (proven by released projects) of game balance principles
- Knowledge of the principles of building a meta-game and game progress of F2P projects
- Knowledge of probability theory, linear algebra, and mathematics
- Good command of Google Sheets, Excel, and XML
- Passion for games (MMO projects in particular)
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Rich gaming experience, especially in mobile PvP games and shooters
- Basic programming (scripts) / SQL skills
- Experience with game engines (Unreal Engine, Unity, or similar)
- Knowledge and experience with version control systems (Git, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of the main KPIs of game projects
- Knowledge of the principles and current trends of F2P mobile market
- Experience working on projects at different development stages from pre-production to support
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Vilnius include:
- Up to 8 “Trust days” per calendar year that require no medical certificate
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Meal Allowance
- Premium Private Health Care (with Gym training / Wellness program…)
- Personal Gaming Account
- Coffee, fruits, and snacks in the office
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - You can recommend the best talents to the company and receive a reward
The salary range for this position in Vilnius is 25 00–35 00€ (gross) per month.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 16 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.