12 days ago
Voodoo is a tech company that creates mobile games and apps. With 6 billion downloads and over 300 million monthly active users, Voodoo is the #2 mobile publisher worldwide in terms of downloads after Google.
The company is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having raised over $1B and backed by Goldman Sachs, Tencent, and GBL. Deciding to expand its portfolio of products further, Voodoo has more recently announced that it will invest $200M in blockchain gaming studios, to lead the transformation of mobile gaming.
Voodoo is now a team of over 700 employees worldwide, we’re looking for talented individuals from across the globe to come and entertain the world with us.
Join our brand new Hyper Casual gaming studio, as part of a small London-based team focused on creating and iterating fresh gameplay ideas in a fast-paced, exciting, and collaborative environment. Thanks to your creativity and teamwork, you will entertain millions of people worldwide with your hit games.
You will have the opportunity to take on a high level of ownership, in an agile set up where bureaucracy simply doesn’t exist. You will be contributing daily to important decisions within a multidisciplinary team of passionate and talented people. As our dedicated Game Artist, you will take the lead in designing and integrating gameplay assets/visuals with your own unique spin, oversee testing, and iterate games visuals in response to player feedback and statistics. You will also have the opportunity to actively contribute to new game concepts and bring your ideas to life. Through our generous uncapped profit-sharing scheme, you will directly benefit from the collective future success of the studio.
We are looking for an experienced Game Artist who has been the primary contributor to the art concept, design and asset creation for several games with an eye for low-poly style. You will work closely with our Unity Game Developers and Studio Director to develop and maintain engaging and satisfying game visuals. Your main challenges will be:
- Creating and animating 2D and 3D characters, environments, VFX and other art assets (sometimes just (connoted) selecting the right ones from the asset store when suitable), in a fast-paced iterative environment
- Creating simple, modern, intuitive, and practical UI
- Engaging closely with the Studio Director and Game Developers to ensure effective and fast-paced prototyping and iteration
- Helping developers in the creation of optimal gameplay videos for prototype testing
- Contributing to new game/feature ideas
- Developing your Hyper Casual market knowledge
- Follow the trends
- Eagerness to pursue a hyper casual genre induced by the job title and may scare some of them, let’s keep it wide open to other genre
- Creative and innovative, with a solid understanding/working knowledge of Hyper Casual art and design fundamentals scary
- At least 3 years of experience as a game artist with a track record with mobile games (at least 1 shipped product) same and a prefered experience with quick prototyping within a small development team
- Good working knowledge of unity
- Multidisciplinary artistic skillset (3D / 2D / UI) and experience with one relevant 3D software (Max, Maya, Blender, Cinema4D)
- Experience with 3D character design and animations
- Proficiency with 2D tools (Illustrator per example)
- Take accountability, ownership, and pride (connoted!) in your work
- Excellent english communication skills and a positive collaboration mindset (fostering a strong team culture and collaborative environment are key to our studio)
Benefits : competitive package
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.