2D Game Artist, Unity
1 month ago
PeopleFun is an award-winning creator of mobile games for players across the globe. We are part of AppLovin, a publicly traded company, with world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure. PeopleFun is a Dallas-based game studio founded and led by game industry veterans, where game developers thrive on collaboration, creativity, teamwork, and fun. Our games are played by over 25 million players each month, and we have a number of exciting mobile games in development to fuel the future growth of PeopleFun.
We believe in bringing People together through Fun by creating the best in class social features and communities in our games that enables our players to engage deeply with other players. Secondly we endeavor to bring our studio teammates together by creating the very best game teams that foster healthy collaboration, incredible productivity, and life-long professional relationships.
Candidates who reside or will reside in the following locations are eligible for this role: California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, and Washington State.
PeopleFun is seeking a skilled and motivated artist to design, create and implement art content for our Unity projects. This role will be responsible for carrying the assets from creation to implementation within the game engine, ensuring it meets the quality and desired outcomes for the team.
The ideal candidate will have strong design and motion graphic fundamentals and the ability to create art assets and game sequences, following an existing art style and provide experiences of delight for our players.
- Create clean and consistent game layouts and gameplay moments that bring joy and delight for our players
- Work closely with the Art Leads delivering assets and presentation up to visual standards
- Make animations optimized for performance as well as quality
- Take animations and VFX from conceptualization to shippable quality
- Craft compelling transitions and layouts through design, creation, and implementation, including real-time particle effects and using both static and animating elements
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of designers, technical artists, producers and engineers
- Provide technical checks for art assets as they are delivered for integration and offer solutions for any fixes
- Create and maintain animation and VFX documentation
- 2+ years professional experience as an artist within the mobile gaming industry
- Portfolio showcasing examples of presentation or rewarding moments.
- A base understanding of UI/UX best practices on mobile platforms and casual games.
- A base understanding of the principles of animation and movement: motion, timing, anticipation, follow through, squash and stretch, forward/inverse kinematics
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities
- Enthusiastic attitude about learning new things
- Demonstrated proficiency working in Spine
- Demonstrated professional experience in creating and/or supporting animation VFX systems
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – 2D illustration, iconography, technical art
- Understanding of best practices and optimization workflows for unity mobile targets
PeopleFun provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance rewards approach. The expected base pay range for this [CA based or North America based] position is $80,000-$100,000. Base compensation at PeopleFun is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and other benefits.
401K Match Policy
Flexible PTO Policy
Free Lunch each Friday
Generous Parental Leave & Family-Friendly Culture
Annual Credits for Professional Development & In-App Purchases
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
PeopleFun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about EEO rights as an applicant here