Game Analyst - Product Strategy
18 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Game Analyst to join our Product Strategy team in Barcelona on a hybrid basis!
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
The Product Strategy team’s mission is to support Scopely’s business in achieving best-in-class performance by providing actionable insights that maximize the KPIs of our portfolio of games and influence the company’s strategic decisions.
What you will do
- Regularly play the main competitor games in the genre and keep constantly updated on new launches, gameplay and monetization innovations.
- Perform comprehensive analyses and product teardowns, surfacing insights about established and newly released games in the relevant genres.
- Compile reports on key market trends, game mechanics/economy innovations, competitors’ soft/hard launches and high-potential features on a regular basis.
- Maintain an updated list of relevant competitor games to watch.
- Perform advanced estimations of competitors’ LTVs and other KPIs.
- Liaise with the Strategic Analytics team: make sure that choices of data sources, models and dashboards serve the purposes of Product Strategy in an optimal way.
What you will need:
- You are a passionate expert of the Casual/Puzzle genre and play some of the following games, or similar games daily: Candy Crush Saga, Homescapes, Words with Friends, Solitaire Grand Harvest, Toon Blast, Monopoly Go, Royal Match and Coin Master.
- You have outstanding analytical skills. You know how to break down complex problems into clear tasks, you are comfortable navigating big amounts of data from which you are capable of extracting and presenting meaningful insights.
- You have business acumen.
- You easily grasp the systems that are built-in games and you understand their potential for users’ retention and monetization.
- You can analyze game economies and critically evaluate their strengths and weaknesses.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Marketing, Finance, Product Management, Game / Product Design, or a related field.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in Business Intelligence / Analytics, Data Science, Design, Strategy, Finance, Consulting with high proficiency in Excel and other analytical tools.
- Prior experience in the mobile game industry highly preferred, mitigated only by an extreme passion for this genre and what makes these games successful.
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.