13 days ago
ADSE’s goal is to develop, build and maintain a best-in-class analytical data platform. As a central data hub for the entire Studio (and third parties), ADSE provides both insights and data tools to further the understanding of our players and how they interact with the game. This ranges from APIs for data governance, integration with CRM suites, dashboards for key stakeholders, reports on game releases and advanced economic modelling. Streamlining data collection from many and varied sources, cleansing and making available to different teams in whatever format is needed. Experimenting with new and innovative technologies to make all those more efficient, scalable, and cost-effective.
Dreaming up new solutions and approaches, driving team knowledge forward and continually learning. The endpoint is to be the indispensable data engine for the company. The data, dashboards, models and reports produced and curated by ADSE are critical to the product teams, enabling them to understand our players’ needs and where the enjoyment and pain points lie. This allows for the balance of greenfield development tempered against hardened production systems.
The team is built around three core sections: Data Engineering, Analytics and Data Science. You will be working in an exciting and vibrant environment, with input to everything from architectural designs, telemetry decisions, game usage and helping shape the future vision of the game.
The Game Analyst will deliver insights learnings and guidance to game and business development staff and have a significant impact on the direction of our games and studio. The is one of the most critical roles we have as it acts as both a part of the game development team and as a center of growth for our Studio in unlocking insights about our players and our business. The person in this role is most successful when they can merge technical, game design & analytical skill to provide insights and actionable results. The Game Analyst will deliver insights learnings and guidance to game and business development staff and have a significant impact on the direction of our games and studio.
- Drive deep, impactful learnings by working across data, game design and research to deliver a story driven direction based in data
- Responsible for designing and maintaining telemetry events for current and future content updates
- Create automated reports and dashboards to share insights across the studio
- Grow relationships across the studio to promote a data-driven partnership
- Present analysis conclusions to business stakeholders in a clear and practical way
- Partner with data engineering to manage data requirements such as schema requirements and data format to support high-quality deliverables
- Conduct effective analysis while adhering version control, documentation, and reproduction
- Play the game and know it from the inside out to deliver insight most effectively
Skills and Experience
- Proven commercial experience applying statistical analysis to consumer, user, or player behaviors
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative discipline such as Data Science, Statistics, Computer
- Experience in SQL and a statistics language (e.g Python or R)
- Fluency in statistics and datasets
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with dashboarding software (e.g. power BI Tableau)
- Familiarity with modern data architectures (AWS, Snowflake, OLAP)
- Superior attention to detail, natural curiosity, and ability to problem-solve creatively
- previous experience in the games industry
- previous experience leading analysts while also delivering high quality insights
- Familiarity with statistical IDEs like Jupyter Notebook or PyCharm
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Monthly Energy Allowance
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.