GSOC Engineering Manager
13 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
You will be part of the Global Services Operations Center (GSOC) team which is primarily responsible for the health of our network, bare metal infrastructure, and the video system. This team owns the beating heart of Twitch's Video Platform Live Operations and is staffed 24/7, 365 days a year. This position will directly manage a small team of first responders during the North American "Swing" shift hours (14:00 - 24:00 MT / 22:00 - 05:00 UTC). Additionally, you will coordinate a smooth transition to and from the complimentary team also in Salt Lake City, Utah at the beginning of shift and a team in London, England at the end of shift.
The staff responsibilities include regular maintenance, troubleshooting, and reliability improvements. Utilizing monitoring to remain aware of issues that require your attention, and proactively solving problems. You will have the opportunity to drive operational best practices within Twitch. Your actions will keep the heart and soul of Twitch smoothly humming around the clock, delivering video to our tens of millions of users.
- Hire and train employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product
- Drive operational excellence around maintenance and monitoring of video core services
- Be able to resolve alerts, technical issues, and other video operations challenges that occur on your shift
- Build a team to augment an existing team in North America facilitating a seamless interaction between offices and with other Twitch teams
- Provide a strong technical voice for your team
- Augmentation of 24/7 on-call operations for the video platform and network handling the North American "Swing Shift" hours (14:00 - 24:00 MT / 22:00 - 05:00 UTC)
- Own and manage the weekly communication of incident, change management and overall performance data
- Exec level escalation for business impacting events
- 5 + years experience as an Network Engineer or Ops / DevOps engineer
- 3 + years experience in a technical leadership position with an emphasis on hiring and building a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (writing sample required )
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Capable of clearly articulating expectations and direction to your team
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. )
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.