Data Analytics Engineering Intern
Dreamhaven is a new game publisher based in Irvine, California. At Dreamhaven, we're building a new game company based on our shared values and relentless passion for making meaningful player experiences. We’re a strong believer in games being a force for good.
The Publishing Team is seeking a Data Analytics Engineering Intern to join a small, but growing team.
Are you someone that sees data as an engine for insights, storytelling, and strategic decision-making to provide the best gaming experiences ever made? If so, this opportunity may be for you!
This is a unique role where you’ll be exposed to both technical and business requirements. You’ll collaborate closely with our Director of Player Insights, while building and maintaining data backend to meet those needs. You will also be working in a fast-paced environment, using your versatile set of quantitative and digital skills to help support building and delivering data solutions to Dreamhaven’s game studios.
What You’ll Do
- Work with cross disciplinary team members to understand business priorities and identify analytics projects that would generate the most impact.
- Scope and perform analyses, develop KPIs, and produce self-service dashboards from a massive raw dataset to drive business decisions.
- Assist the team complete data collection automation and manipulation processes in order to support your project needs.
- Utilize your strategic prowess to identify and communicate effectively short and long-term risks and strategic opportunities supported by data
Who You Are
- You are passionate about working in a dynamic and growing startup-like environment with a tight-knit, supportive team that strives to make work interesting and challenging.
- Inquisitive, with strong problem-solving skills, demonstrated by the ability to structure an approach to issues and analyze alternative solutions.
- Enthusiastic, curious, internally-motivated self-starter with ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to manage multiple projects and achieve results.
- Have the ability to structure a concise, clear presentation of findings, based on large sets of complex data, and effectively present this to any level in the organization with appropriate visualizations.
- Solid quantitative skills with a penchant for query writing.
What We Need
- Passion for Gaming, Data Analytics, Data Science, or Product Management
- Working knowledge of SQL (SparkSQL a plus)
- Familiarity with data manipulation is a plus (Python preferred)
- Currently pursuing a Masters, MBA, or PhD preferred
- Cover Letter
- Website / portfolio (optional)
To be considered for a Dreamhaven internship you must be:
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, pursuing a degree
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Able to work full-time for 12 weeks
- Able to relocate to Orange County to work on-site
Dreamhaven is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Dreamhaven Candidate Privacy Notice