GDK Software Engineer
3 days ago
Job Posting TitleGDK Software Engineer
SummaryWe are looking for a Software Engineer with C++ expertise and C# familiarity to join the Game Development Kit (GDK) team in Las Vegas. The GDK team is responsible for devising innovative solutions to support the imaginations of the greatest game creators in the industry. As a GDK engineer you will be responsible for designing and developing these innovative solutions as well as providing Studio Engineers and Designers the tools and support required to make the world's greatest games. As a Software Engineer, you will be presented with complex problems spanning modules and operating systems. You will be the chief advocate and main subject matter expert on your designs and implementations.
What you'll do
- Carrying out technical assessments on requested features and identify scope of work/dependencies for development requirements .
- Taking complete ownership of assigned features, starting from inception, design, development, test and maintenance.
- Developing fast, maintainable, quality code
- Performing software testing, verification and validation.
- Participating in code review and other code quality processes
- Providing technical guidance and support for our stakeholders.
- Troubleshooting and debugging code to identify software issues.
- All other duties as assigned .
What we're looking for
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related field, or its equivalent is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in C++ / C# development is required.
- Experience of working with object-oriented design and programming.
- Experience of debugging and solving complex problems.
- Experience of working with software engineering best practices, including design patterns and UML.
- Understanding of memory management and multi-threading processes.
- A passion for solving complicated problems and learning new skills.
- Demonstrates an extremely high level of attention to detail.
- Possess a high level of personal and professional accountability and be able to enlist the cooperation of peer groups involved in common business goals and objectives.
- Have the ability to meet changing demands and to adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written, communication, and customer service skills.
- Be able to work independently and be team oriented.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.