This job might no longer be available.
Functionality QA Senior Tester (TW || CoH)
9 months ago
SEGA Centre of Excellence Sofia is dedicated to serving SEGA’s Development teams in providing quality, timely, and effective QA services. The Centre is based in Business Park Sofia, nearby Mladost 4 district.
We cultivate diverse, creative QA talent with a network of studios across Europe, US and Canada.
Synonymous with quality, our world-class development studios include Sports Interactive, Creative Assembly, Hardlight, Amplitude, Relic Entertainment and Two Point Studios. We assist all studios with publishing QA and validation functions. We support the needs of the development studios and make the creative vision become a reality. Today we’re building a highly successful team that is dedicated to driving the continued success and evolution of our European business. Check out our web site to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
SEGA Sofia’s Development Services team is looking for bright and motivated people to join us as Senior Functionality Testers (or Senior Games Testers as they’re more commonly known). This position is an excellent opportunity for people, who already have significant experience testing games and would like to join one of the best gaming companies!
This opportunity is also good for experienced testers, who know well how a product is being manually tested, and would like to make their mark in the gaming industry.
At SEGA, the Senior Functionality Testers go beyond test cases and use their extensive testing experience to identify more advanced issues within the games. They also provide knowledge and are a point of reference for the testing team, as well as technical leadership of small teams, assigned to testing small, DLC sized releases.
Please note that we are unable to offer visa assistance and all applicants must have full eligibility to work in Bulgaria to be considered for this opportunity.
- Follow test cases and test plans in a thorough and consistent manner.
- Use test cases and testing skills to find bugs and effectively identify bug severities.
- Enter professional, clear, accurate and complete bug descriptions.
- Know, understand and teach the main elements of QA process: test cases, test plans, and test strategies.
- Participate in creation of test cases and test plans
- Provide assistance to the Functionality QA Lead in managing the test strategy, both in creation and in execution.
- Communicate important issues to the Functionality QA Lead and actively work with colleagues as appropriate.
- Be a point of reference to the testing team, imparting knowledge and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Use previous experience and skills to increase the effectiveness of testing.
- Ensure that all IT requests (hardware & software) are escalated through the Functionality QA Lead.
- Coordinate group-based testing when necessary.
- Ensure that game code security procedures are always adhered to.
- Assist with ad-hoc requests for previous projects worked on and support when necessary.
- Follow instructions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Deputise in the absence of the Functionality QA Lead, when necessary.
- Assist with admin duties, task allocations, daily updates, updating project trackers/reports and defect administration.
- Assist with proofreading, editing and accuracy of documentation and bugs, created by the more junior staff.
- Ensure departmental procedures/policies within the testing team are adhered to and highlight any potential issues to the Functionality QA Leads.
- Assist Functionality QA Leads with creation of test plans and test plan updates when necessary.
- Assist with the training and induction of new employees.
- Provide feedback on Functionality QA Tester performance to the Functionality QA Lead in order to maximise productivity and identify areas of development / training needs.
- Assist with the leading of external test squads.
- Provide additional project support to Functionality QA Lead when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experienced functionality tester with the ability to familiarise with game-play elements rapidly.
- Knowledge and playtime (100h+) of the Total War franchise (preferably from Warhammer 1 and forward) and/or equivalent knowledge and playtime for Company of Heroes series.
- Clear, concise and professional communicator both written and verbally.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic technical proficiency and an understanding of different platforms, hardware and peripherals.
- Proactively help and assist colleagues and maintain a ‘can do’ attitude when under pressure.
- Pro-activeness to think ahead and identify tasks that need to be carried out and the motivation to complete these on own initiatives.
- High standard of work and willingness to meet and exceed expectations.
- Ability to maintain an adaptable approach to testing.
- Adaptability and desire to improve processes and own development.
- Ability to work unsupervised and maintain focus and commitment.
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks and complete them in a timely manner to a high standard.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the role and the company.
- Knowledge of departmental processes.
- Ability to provide technical team leadership.
- Project management and time management skills.
- If required, the job holder will be expected to work outside normal office hours, including weekends and/or bank holidays, when necessary. The job holder may also be required to work offsite if necessary.
- The job holder will be expected to execute any additional requests or instructions issued by senior staff or other members of the management team that are suitable to the job remit.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.