Functionality QA Manager
2 days ago
Keywords Studios is looking for a Functionality QA Manager to help launch the FQA service line in Manila. The role will be closely working with the QA Director alongside internal and external partners, to support the growth of the team, locally and globally. We're looking for a proactive and experienced individual to support the team and make decisions to ensure successful project delivery within the budget, time frame and quality scopes. The successful candidate will develop and manage successful relationships with KWS clients at a superior level. Role also includes leading, managing, motivating, coaching, and training local FQA Managers.
- Responsible for the Keywords Manila FQA Department
- The QAM will develop and deliver strategy for the FQA facility alongside the QA Director
- Responsible for budgeting and delivering the financial performance of the operation
- Track KPI’s and report on business performance regularly
- Perform QA audits on ongoing projects and drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Responsible for setting and adherence to standard Keywords processes
- Responsible for top-tier client account management affecting local operations
- Investigate client escalations on FQA service quality
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Oversee execution of pilot projects and drive them to success
- Ensure correct availability of hardware, resource and space such that the profitability of the unit in an optimal manner whilst maintaining ability to grow
- Manage resource planning, recruitment and training in partnership with the Production Support departments
- Act as an HR Business partner when required
- Primary escalation point of contact for internal queries raised by or for the local FQA PMs
- Manage, lead and motivate local FQA studio staff
- Work as an ambassador for Keywords when engaging in activity outside of the facility
- Proactively mitigate issues with the FQA Project Managers, before they impact the projects
- Responsible for developing, improving and maintaining strong internal and external client partnerships
- Work closely the business development team to ensure smart adoption of work and use of resource
- Create and implement any process changes/improvements accordingly
- Host regular meetings with key internal stakeholders to ensure smooth operation
- Mentor and train direct reports utilizing line management practices
- Set goals and appraise direct reports at regular intervals
- Nurture a positive work environment
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships, and encourage and grow own team to do the same
- Unless within training or coaching measures or in critical delivery situations, the FQAM should not perform any tasks normally handled by an FQA PM, CQA Project Manager, Lead, Senior or Tester
- Overseas travel when required
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 6+ years in a Manager role
- 2+ year in a QA Manager experience is desirable
- Knowledge of a project cycle and a games’ development process.
- Knowledge of Functionality QA and Certification testing services and processes.
- Understanding of all video game business services and processes.
- Understanding of various business and management concepts.
- Understanding of change management and continuous improvements protocols.
- Understanding of risk management in the context of the QA process.
- Understanding of data driven systems to facilitate decision making.
- Very strong emotional intelligence and awareness.
- Ability to understand one-self, others, and act accordingly for the attainment of set goals.
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.