Functional Lead QA Tester
19 days ago
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Cat Daddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solvers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
Leads a team in executing test plans on pre-release versions of software to detect and record product defects. Reports to a QA Manager or Senior QA Lead.
- Oversee product quality: supervise the various stages of testing on each project; manage team projects to ensure that each has gone through at least two complete cycles of testing (all test cases executed) for final release testing milestones. Develop test plans and documentation. Ensure that all bugs marked resolved were resolved correctly.
- Manage projects’ progress: assess personnel, skill sets, amount and type of work to be completed, and timetables in order to provide frequent reports and documentation to QA Management, Producers and Developers.
- Supervise staff (Senior Testers and 10-30 Testers, some potentially acting as Pod Leaders): interview, hire, train, evaluate performance, and when necessary, discipline employees; establish and manage work schedules, mentor team leaders and provide guidance to them regarding task allocation to Testers.
- Manage production of all testing deliverables including: daily reports, weekly status reports, test cases, test plans, bug tracking reports, final release certification report, RTM checklists, and post-mortem reports.
- Support Producers and/or Developers: setup and run bug triages (bug reviews) and provide all necessary documentation. Lead discussions regarding the status of the bugs and the game in testing phase and collaborate on prioritization of remaining issues to ensure these are addressed and resolved.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Advanced MS Office Excel, Word and Outlook skills
- Advanced database skills; to include TTP and Jira
- Has demonstrated that they understand and live by the departments’ core values
- Consistently is a positive role-model to Testers within the department
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 18 years and above
- 4+ years of QA testing experience
- Comprehensive understanding of test cycles and processes
- Reliable, and can be counted on to work all scheduled shifts
- Capable of working any mandatory overtime; which can occur during the work week, weekends, and occasional holidays
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally and sit for long periods of time
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.