Full Stack developer
29 days ago
In Montreal or Vancouver, you will work on the Unity CloudLab team, building a revolutionary cloud platform for hosting WebGL-based runtime apps made with Unity. You will be part of the new CloudLab team which explores new paradigms around content authoring for games in the cloud. You will help our internal researchers and tool developers publish their cutting-edge tools to the web.
Quality of service is paramount to our team as we are responsible for making sure that code is robustly tested to encourage weekly incremental releases.
We believe that if you have experience in building backend services with a quality-driven attitude and the right mindset for learning new things, then you're the person we’re looking for.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and develop the CloudLab backend architecture and associated microservices.
- Ensure service scalability and robustness through effective code and data storage design
- Ensure quality by supplying features with the right combination of unit, acceptance and end-to-end tests
- Sit on the CloudLab architecture group and contribute to the future of content authoring in the Cloud.
What we’re looking for
- Good communication and collaboration skills. The backend team works hand-in-hand with our runtime apps teams.
- Good understanding of building scalable backend services.
- Experience with databases, for example, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra or BigTable.
- Experience with Firebase.
You might also have
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a huge plus.
- Experience working with distributed systems, including communication patterns, data protocols and reliability.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.