Stockholm 118 66 SE
3 months ago
In this role you will work on various development projects focused on delivering new and updated features for players, Paradox game studios, and internal tools. You will be part of a team tasked with designing, building, and shaping the effort in realizing features which enrich our Paradox ecosystem. This also means that you will be working closely with all of the Paradox game development studios, as well as the publishing organization, in order to maximize the consumption of our services to guarantee we continue delivering Paradox signature experiences.
As part of the Launcher team you will work on our Paradox Launcher and it’s related services. The Launcher team is responsible for developing, building, certifying, and distributing the launcher, as well as providing integration APIs for games. Development projects will primarily be focused on bringing the Paradox Launcher up to par with other launcher offerings, introducing our own unique new features, and working on content discovery.
What you will be doing:
- Build and maintain the automation pipeline necessary to provide OSX, Linux, and Windows signed builds of the Launcher and it’s various environments.
What we need to see:
- At least 2 years experience with NodeJS.
- At least 1 year experience with ReactJS (or 2+ years for similar SPA like Angular).
- General understanding of how backend APIs work (CRUD, REST, etc.).
- General understanding of best practices for data caching, realtime data/websockets, and writing APIs.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Professional or hobby experience working with Go.
- Professional or hobby experience working with Electron.
- Professional or hobby experience debugging Windows, Linux, and/or OSX native OS functionality.
- Previous experience working on a live product or service designed to be frequently updated.
- Ability to thrive in uncertain and ambiguous environments where priorities can shift month-to-month, both internally and externally.
- Experience in working at a “as-a-service” or “as-a-platform” company.
- Good understanding and practical experience of Agile methodologies.
- Test-oriented mindset with unit and/or integration tests written using a standard library such as Mocha.
We believe you are a service-minded, driven, and explorative individual; You are comfortable with solving problems and working autonomously within a group. Your role in a team is flexible and can include being the one who identifies viable solutions and implements appropriate solutions, as well as mentor others. Your English communications skills, both verbal and oral, are excellent and are backed by patience in taking the time to understand others as well as in explaining yourself.
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: Programming Manager
Location: This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden
If you think that this description matches your background, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously for this position. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Paradox. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and value diversity in our employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.