This job might no longer be available.
Full Stack Web Engineer Intern
18 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Full Stack Web Engineer Intern
Epic Games is on the lookout for dynamic interns to join our dev teams in 2024. Whether you work on Fortnite, Unreal Engine, or any of our other games, products, and services, you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of interactive entertainment.
Our Interns are given challenging projects throughout the work term and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
ENGINEERING - EPIC GAMES SERVICES
What We Do
Driving the plug-in power behind Unreal Engine 5. We bridge connections for licensees and our own internal game teams to online services. This allows games like Fortnite to utilize a combination of platform online services as well as Epic’s own online services to build cross-platform online features. Login, parties, voice chat, matchmaking, purchasing, cloud storage, and analytics are just a few examples of online features that our Online Game Services team helps games utilize.
What You'll Do
Web Engineers at Epic impact a diverse set of initiatives from end to end. These range from the Epic Games Store to Fortnite social experiences; in-game features, and web applications supporting all kinds of community, marketing, and events content.
We also build a variety of products that support other developers, from internal initiatives to third party teams worldwide. These include web portals for core platform services, marketplace and eCommerce applications, and beyond.
In this role, you will
- Collaborate with other engineers to gain hands-on expertise in developing web applications at a large scale, including assisting with architectural choices, testing new technology, selecting programming languages / frameworks, and implementing them for the Epic Games Store.
- Gain knowledge around industry-standard web engineering practices and guidelines for the entire web development process, including coding standards, code reviews, version control, building, testing, deployment, and monitoring
- Learn how to effectively communicate with stakeholders, including users, technical teams, and management, to gather requirements, and explain technical designs / features
What we're looking for
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Passion to learn how to craft secure, scalable, and highly available web applications
- Desire to join a team of engineers to brainstorm and collaborate on solving complex problems to build best-in-class web experiences.
- Experience in building user interfaces and with care for the user experience
- Experience with cloud technologies (we use AWS)
- Understanding of relational and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle and Best Practices
This internship has a flexible start date in 2024. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the posting location for the duration of the internship. For more information about Epic’s Early Career Program, visit epicgames.com/earlycareers.
This is going to be Epic!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.