Full Stack Web Developer (User Research Lab)
9 days ago
The tools programmer will design, implement, enhance and ensure the proper functioning of the tools that that contribute in improving the effectiveness of the User Research Lab team.
What you'll do
- Compile and understand system development needs and assess their feasibility;
- Design sustainable systems based on the various needs of the User Research Lab team;
- Analyze existing features and available tools and suggest improvements by designing and implementing new systems whenever necessary;
- Identify, analyse and correct technical issues determined by users and colleagues;
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users to understand how to use the systems and features;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in software programming or any other relevant experience in programming tools.
- Angular or React
- C #, Python
- ASP.NET Core, Flask
- PostgreSQL for databases;
- Docker / Kubernetes / Gitlab CI for the test and integration pipeline.
- Our tools must also integrate with several APIs internal to Ubisoft.
- Particular interest will be paid to the implementation of best development practices (continuous integration, code review, pair programming ...).
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to understand and account for user needs;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Analytical and synthesis skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- User oriented;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Results focus and attention to detail;
- Knowledge of ergonomic concepts is an asset;
- Knowledge in video game development is an asset.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.