This job might no longer be available.
Full Stack Web Developer, Live Platform
4 months ago
The Unity Live Platform team is building the Unity sharing ecosystem for game development enthusiasts sharing small-scale game content, work in progress games and steps on their learning journey. As a full stack web developer on the Live Platform team, you will use the latest modern web technologies to build the experience around how this kind of game content can be shared and interacted with by users all over the world. Our work touches everyone who uses Unity, but especially the many many new users who come to Unity every day to learn and create. We are part of Unity’s User Growth and Live Platform team that works in a cross functional, data driven and pioneering spirit.
- Develop web applications using modern web technologies
- Collaborate with designers, product managers and developers on other teams to create performant and well crafted services and high quality user experiences.
- Choose and implement frameworks and technologies that help us create services and experiences that are easy to evolve over time.
- Build prototypes and proof-of-concepts as part of coming up with strong direction for features.
- Full stack web development skills from client to backend using React or equivalent frameworks. (Our current stack is React and Go-lang but you could make other choices if warranted).
- Continuous Delivery and cloud deployment and operations experience
- Experience with automated testing
- Knowledge of Unity and the Unity ecosystem
- Passion for helping enthusiast game developers succeed
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.