Full Stack Software Engineer
8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Mid-Level Full-Stack Software Engineer
PlayStation is looking for a Software Engineer to build systems which enable our business to craft incredible experiences on web, mobile, PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5. Ready for a rare opportunity to be part of a high-performance team, delivering high quality software, for one of the world's most recognizable brands? If you are passionate about quality, problem solving, and collaborating with teams across the globe, we believe you will be a phenomenal fit!
We build diverse teams, with members from across North America, offering opportunities to work from the following locations:
- Los Angeles, California
- San Francisco, California
- San Diego, California
- Orange County, California
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Waterloo, Ontario
- Own features, analyzing designs and building for testability, scalability, and performance
- Work with QA to maintain high-level of software quality
- Work independently and collaborate with other members of your team
- Exercise your problem solving and feature building skills to optimize existing solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or at least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- 3-5 years professional software development experience
- Proficient in customer facing UI development (HTML5/CSS3)
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs
- Experience collaborating with multi functional partners, especially with product, design, and server teams
- Domain proficiency in performance optimization or comparable areas within your current field
- Expertise with SPA frameworks such as React, Angular, Ember.js, or similar
- Experience with Relational Databases
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.