Full Stack Release Engineer
14 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
We're looking for a Full Stack Release Engineer to build pipelines and tools empowering our team to deliver industry-leading games and social experiences. You will be working across all disciplines to identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies that can be automated or streamlined. You have the opportunity to make a large impact on the entire team and product portfolio. We believe our greatest potential will only be unlocked with a large investment in our existing and new toolchains! Join the team today and make a difference tomorrow!
- Working with producers and engineers to identify build requirements and maintain build configurations in Jenkins.
- Troubleshooting build server and live release issues and develop solutions to mitigate future issues.
- Collaborating with all game teams and disciplines to manage release branches in source control.
- Identifying opportunities to optimize or automatize processes, including the evaluation and integration of third-party software.
- Developing maintainable, performant, well-tested code that advances the day to day engineering roadmap.
- Experience with Git, Github, Jenkins.
- Full-stack developer with experience in two or more of the following: Java, C#, C/C++, Python with strong OOP skills.
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Redis…).
- Desire to learn how to build high-performance, maintainable software.
- Understanding of performance implications of caching, networking, storage, and concurrency.
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, computational complexity theory, and test driven development.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similar experience.
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of technologies such as Gradle, JIRA, Bash/shell scripting, Docker, Spark/Databricks, Kafka.
- Experience developing applications with rich and responsive UI.
- Understanding of Database design (Couchbase, Postgres, Redis, MySQL).
- Experience as part of an operations team supporting iPhone or Android applications in a gaming company.
- Experience with Unity.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.