Full Stack Programmer
16 days ago
Ubisoft Halifax is looking for our newest addition to our growing Programming Team! As a Full-Stack Programmer you will work closely alongside our Server Team to assist with a broad range of tasks that are essential for the development and maintenance of our Mobile Video Games!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate person who is looking to integrate within a diverse, close-knit team! Having a track record of curiosity, an ongoing devotion to personal development and a sense of humor is a must!
- Set-up, deploy, monitor and maintain environments for teams responsible for online micro-services in the cloud and our data-center.
- Implement tools, and work methods to facilitate the safe and controlled deployment of services.
- Set-up and improve upon incident management process' as required;
- Develop and maintain a new Restful API.
- Play an integral role in the development of applicable Web-based Admin Tools.
- Collaborate with the team members for the development and improvement of processes and tools to be used across the Programming Team.
- A Graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience;
- A minimum of 2-3 years professional experience in an applicable Programming role.
- A demonstrated experience working in Online Services Operations.
- Proficiency in OOP Languages (Preferably Java);
- Experience developing cloud software services (AWS)
- A working knowledge in web frameworks (preferably Spring/Node.js).
- An advanced capability in working with Data Structure and Algorithms.
- A track record of working effectively both autonomously and within a team.
- Experience developing game service operations and an understanding of design for scalability.
- A demonstrated track-record of critical thinking, resourcefulness, and as needed flexibility!
- Experience with container technologies; Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD Processes and cloud services.
- A demonstrated knowledge of Network Terminologies (e.g. DNS, Routing, Firewalls, Proxies, TCP/UDP, etc.).
- Experience using or managing a variety of open source technologies, databases, tools, etc..
- A knowledge in Linux system administration and in automating or configuring tools such as Chef, Ansible, or Puppet.
- A demonstrated passion for games!
- Competitive salary scale
- Additional paid time off over the Christmas/New Year Holidays
- Affordable Gym membership
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care.
- Flexible Work Hours and a healthy work/life balance
- The ability to work alongside an international and diverse team
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge Accepted? Join us and create the unknown!
Our studio is located in the heart of the city (Halifax) within the historic and iconic Keith's Brewery Market. The Halifax Harbour is in view from our windows and lunch breaks can be spent on the boardwalk or at one of the many restaurants and cafes that populate the downtown core. The studio culture is dynamic, with communication happening constantly between teams with an emphasis on team-building and collaboration!
We Value Diversity!
Here at Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to lend a helping hand. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs ,Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the Unknown.