This job might no longer be available.
Full Stack .NET Developer
19 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New York is looking for a talented Full Stack .NET Developer with strong programming skills to join our team. You will be responsible for helping develop our performance capture and production web application used by our teams worldwide. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s studio in New York.
WHAT WE DO
- We develop and maintain internal web applications to improve and standardize production workflows.
- We help diagnose and troubleshoot unexpected issues that arise in our web applications and relevant tools that integrate with our applications.
- We collaborate with other departments to plan features and influence UI/UX design to be as intuitive as possible for the end user.
- We plan for what’s coming down the pipeline, and review how to improve and advance our web applications.
- We monitor and optimize web application databases for the best performance.
- Contribute to Website, API, and Database code (C#, .NET, SQL Server) to integrate features and eliminate bugs across our systems.
- Gather requirements, collaborate within our team and with other Rockstar teams across our studios.
- Building, maintaining, and consuming APIs.
- Contribute to code and feature quality via code review and documentation.
- Commitment to continual self-improvement and professional development.
- 2+ years web application development experience.
- 2+ years of experience using C# .NET and/or Core.
- 2+ years of experience using SQL Server/RDBMS.
- A degree in computer science or 2+ years of experience in professional full stack development.
- Experience with relational databases (SQL Server).
- Experience with VCS like Svn, Git, and Perforce.
- Strong full stack development skills.
- Strong object-oriented programming skills.
- Strong communication skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with MVC/MVVM Patterns, or Webforms.
- Experience gathering requirements from clients or stakeholders.
- Experience writing unit tests and refactoring code.
- Experience working on/with content management systems.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and software such as TeamCity/Jenkins.
- Experience using Postman, MongoDB, Elastic Stack, SSIS, and SSRS.
- Experience using front-end libraries/frameworks (JS Frameworks), SASS/SCSS, and Bootstrap.
- Knowledge and/or interest in Motion Capture/Film Production.
- Keep up to date on rapidly evolving technologies that could benefit our systems.
- Passion for Rockstar Games and our franchises.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is committed to creating a work environment that promotes equal opportunity, dignity and respect. In line with this commitment, Rockstar will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in order for such applicants to be considered for the position for which they are applying, as well as to qualified employees to enable them to perform the essential functions of their roles. If you need more information about Rockstar’s reasonable accommodation policies or process, or need to request an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department. ** For those based in Toronto, Rockstar will provide accommodations to job applicants and employees as long as such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship on Rockstar, and consistent with its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The pay range for this position in New York State (inclusive of New York City) at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
*NY Pay Range
$89,500 — $119,400 USD