Full Stack Engineer
6 days ago
WayForward Technologies is looking for a mid to senior level server engineer to work on server and client code in support of Unity based game projects. We're looking for a team player who is comfortable writing code to our standards in an existing codebase. The ideal candidate will have experience writing and maintaining RESTful API’s as well as architecting and maintaining cloud based server systems using technologies such as AWS, Google App Engine, etc. We need a self motivated individual who is willing to share and evangelize new technologies and techniques.
- Build RESTful API to implement sharing, micro economies, social networks etc
- Client side implementation of RESTful API in C# for Unity
- Architect and maintain cloud based servers with a focus on security, scalability and performance
- Analyze code performance and implement optimizations
- Work across teams to build base server and client libraries for multiple types of games
- Communicate clearly when issues arise
- Break high level tasks down into small tasks and build estimates off of those
- Keep up with latest cloud technologies that can be leveraged for game development
- Experience building high performance, scalable, reliable backend services
- Hands on experience architecting and maintaining cloud based servers
- Proficient with current cloud systems like AWS, Google App Engine, NoSql etc.
- 2+ years of real world work experience on professional projects
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WayForward is an independent videogame developer based in Valencia, California.
Over a quarter century we’ve become one of the biggest independent developers out there, and house some of the finest talent in the video game industry. We got our start in the PC, Super Nintendo and Genesis era of gaming, rode the educational CD-ROM wave through the 90’s, and eventually found our way back onto handhelds and consoles. We’ve built our reputation on solid gaming fundamentals, feature-quality character animation, and flexibility and know-how when it comes to bringing entertainment brands into the world of gaming – both original characters of our own design, or comic book and tinsel town favorites. Over the last few years we’ve become mainstays in the area of rebooting classic game series.
We want to create the most entertaining games under the sun. Our goal is to engage, delight, surprise, and match wits with gamers of all ages on whatever devices they can be found!