Full Stack Engineer
17 days ago
Gamers spent more than $100 billion on in-game items last year. However, $0 of that went to other players – it went directly to huge free-to-play game studios. Until now, games have only sold licences for these in-game items with highly restricted rights. At Immutable, we’re all about ownership: using blockchain technology to give players true and “immutable” ownership over the items they’ve worked so hard to acquire. This means they can trade, sell and utilise their digital items as they see fit. Alongside games, we build marketplaces and tools for these assets, so that game developers can build fully-fledged economies within their games.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will work in an elite team focused on taking our flagship game asset exchange “Immutable X” to as many players and gamers as possible. You’ll help them build innovative growth features and incentive schemes to maximise this expansion. You’ll have a lot of flexibility in terms of tools, technology and architecture: most of your goals will be product-driven rather than tech-driven.
You will be an active engineer on that team, personally working on both frontend and backend features, but you will also be heavily involved in product design and development. You don’t need any blockchain development experience, but we’re looking for someone who has a history building products which interface with the blockchain, or someone who has spent time immersing themselves in the space. You’ll help the team estimate, prioritise and scope features, and contribute to product discussions at all stages of development.
If you’re looking to work on a fun and iterative product, in a strong team, with a great deal of independence, this role is for you.
We don’t need you to have in-depth blockchain knowledge (e.g. writing complex Solidity), but familiarity with blockchain concepts and integrations will be valuable. You also don’t need to know anything about game development. We do need to you be able to work with our pre-existing stack:
*On the frontend, Angular 2+ or React, with strong CSS/SASS skills
*On the backend, either Golang or Node.js
You’ll be able to:
- Participate in team planning and product design sessions
- Help estimate and prioritise proposed features
- Build excellently engineered features quickly and efficiently
- Iterate features quickly in response to customer feedback
- Create tools which allow others on the Go-To-Market team to scale up
Why join us?
- Impact - Help us fight back against the free-to-play games industry by convincing players that another method of ownership is not just better but actually accessible to them
- Career progression - Work on a groundbreaking product which will test and improve your skills exposing you to future blockchain and gaming opportunities
- Team culture - Be part of a fun, energetic and high-drive team who care about your success
- 2+ years of deep engineering experience as a full stack developer. You are comfortable working across a range of technologies and are flexible to adapt to the shifting demands of the role
- Highly motivated to deliver a fantastic product to our users. You should take ownership of any problems faced by the team, and work effectively to eliminate them
- Blockchain interested which could be development experience, usage experience or even more academic interest: your team will function most effectively if you understand the product well
- Strategic mindset What are we trying to do? What’s the long term vision? Can we achieve this in a better way? You should be able to clearly articulate the strategic goals of the team to facilitate this
- Strong communication skills enabling you to work closely with your team and a high degree of synchronisation about goals and strategy will allow us to work more smartly and efficiently
- Work in an exciting and innovative consumer-facing product environment
- Competitive salary, plus equity and relocation support provided
- Flexibility to work from home regularly
- Weekly social events and numerous celebrations
- A very supportive, fun and progressive environment
- We provide you with all the hardware and an additional $750 to set up your new home office
- Located near Central Station in Surry Hills with a rooftop where we hold loads of parties and BBQs (pre-covid)
- Pet-friendly office
- Perkbox benefits including premium access to calm, an online fitness portal and discounts in major retailers
- Thousands of courses on Go1, my academy and Naspers
- Access to 24/7 EAP service
We are at the early stages of forming our company, and we encourage all of the Immutable family to bring new ideas and suggestions to help us make Immutable one of the best companies to work for in the world!