Full Stack Engineer (Contract)
6 days ago
A bit about us:
$100bn was spent on in-game items last year. $0 went to players. We believe that games should provide more than just entertainment value for the time and money invested.
This is why we building Guild of Guardians, a mobile RPG made for players who want games to be more than just entertainment, and who want to play a free mobile RPG where they can turn their gaming passion into assets by trading heroes and items for real money.
Your mission is to develop and deploy consumer-facing products for an upcoming NFT mobile game.
You will be a core part of the time, working on both frontend and backend features, but also involved in product design and development. You’ll help the team estimate, prioritise and scope features, and contribute to product discussions at all stages of development.
This role is perfect for someone who wants to work in a high growth team, has an interest in blockchain and gaming, and wants to develop and deploy consumer-facing products!
You will have the opportunity to:
- Make engineering and technical choices in developing the product
- Participate in team planning and product design sessions
- Help estimate and prioritise proposed features
- Iterate features quickly in response to customer feedback
- Create tools that allow others to build on top of your work
- Collaborate with other disciplines and engineers
- Frontend: React, with strong CSS skills
- Backend: Node.js (with Typescript), Next.js, MongoDB, SQL, microservices
- Infrastructure: AWS, Vercel, Github Actions and Mocha
- Blockchain experience in Ethers.js, web3.js or solidity experience is nice to have but not mandatory.
We would love you to have:
- Minimum of 5 + years of engineering experience as a full-stack developer
- The ability to work comfortably across a range of technologies and are flexible to adapt to the shifting demands of the role
- The motivation to deliver a fantastic product to our users
- The ability to take ownership of any problems faced by the team, and work effectively to eliminate them
- An interest in Blockchain which could be development experience, usage experience or even more academic interest
- Strong communication skills enabling you to work closely with your team and a high degree of synchronisation about goals and strategy will allow us to work more smartly and efficiently
- Help us fight back against the free-to-play games industry by convincing players that another method of ownership is not just better but actually accessible to them
- Experience and learn about both blockchain and game development, two of the most prominent industries
- Work on an industry disruptive game that will test and improve your skills and which will expose you to future blockchain and gaming opportunities
- Be part of a tight-knit and highly driven team that care about your success
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver in our success so far.
For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements of a job listing, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! It’s highly likely you’ll bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.