This job might no longer be available.
13 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
Are you passionate about getting things from one place to another? Are you ready to award players with amazing prizes like cars, gaming systems, top tier electronics, and more? We are looking for someone with experience in purchasing and logistics to help take our fulfillment program to the next level. As a Fulfillment Coordinator at Skillz, you will be responsible for recommending and managing exciting prizes for competitions, ensuring that our eSports champions are receiving their prizes in a timely manner, and answering any questions they might have about their physical prizes. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about taking a task to completion and who prides themselves on delivering high quality work.
What You Will Do :
- Process physical prizes that players earn on the Skillz system in a timely manner with 100% accuracy
- Support our players through escalated issues and prize questions
- Coordinate between internal Skillz teams as well external vendors to ensure quality of prizes and adherence to our service standards
- Securely handle player personal information within GDPR and CCPA regulations
- Regularly use and improve upon existing Google Sheets and Excel spreadsheets to be used to manage significant amounts of player data
- Regularly use an order management system such as Magento
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of experience in logistics, purchasing, or similar field
- Experience with CRM (Zendesk) and order management systems (Magento) a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or similar a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and to players and match tone accordingly
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
- Mature and self-motivated with a positive, professional attitude
- Capacity to operate effectively in a fast growth startup environment
- Progressive, consistent work history and excellent references
- Willingness to work weekends if needed
- Detail oriented, interested in games, with a competitive spirit
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Adept and eager for a fast paced, changing work environment
Please note that this position will start as a 12 month contract and the hours will be a 9am-5:30pm shift or a 6am-2:30pm shift, with weekend availability necessary.
Hourly pay: $14-16/hr
Due to COVID, this opening is currently remote and eligible to anyone in the Las Vegas area. Attendance in office will be required in 2021 (or when safe to do so).
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .