Frontend Android Engineer
15 days ago
Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. We develop, licence, and publish games and monetize them effectively with our proprietary platform. We are backed by blue-chip investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Bitkraft, and Nas.
As a Front End Android Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the features required for our Carry1st Shop App. You will also be responsible for identifying and reducing technical debt, as well as enforcing our mobile development standards. You will work closely with UX Designers and Product Management to make our shared vision a reality.
- Build the next generation of consumer products on the Android platform
- Develop new user-facing features for Carry1st Shop’s Android app
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Architect efficient and reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability, resolving any performance issues
What makes you a great candidate?
- +3 years experience building and releasing Android applications with Kotlin (bonus if you’ve built mobile games and/or e-commerce apps)
- Experience with API integration via SDKs and REST
- Experience with CI/CD and unit testing
- You show a high degree of ownership and can own/drive projects to completion
- You show curiosity in the latest Android technologies and frameworks
- Desired: Experience in producing of proof of concepts for new Android APIs
- Desired: Experience in release management of Android applications
- Advantageous: Development experience on the iOS platform
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global - with people in 25+ countries! At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company - enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Andreessen Horowitz shared why they invested in Carry1st
- VentureBeat announced that Carry1st has raised $27 million to develop and publish mobile games in Africa
- Remerge hosted Cordel on a podcast to discuss Carry1st and the African gaming market