Front End Web Developer - Contract
1 month ago
Front End Web Developer - Contract | Engineering | Remote/London | Contract
We’re Hutch a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 280 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Front End Developer
Hutch is looking for a Front End Web Developer to join us on a contract basis. You should be a motivated and proactive individual who is able to work independently. You should have a strong understanding of front end technologies and be able to work with our wider team. You’ll be working closely within a team of developers, working on internal portals and websites, so the ability to collaborate and communicate is essential. We’re a friendly, creative team who are looking for someone to make lovely websites to enable us to make games.
- Develop internal portals and websites for the team
- Develop responsive single page web applications ensuring a positive User Experience
- Work collaboratively with the team, taking detailed briefs
- Proven experience as a front end web developer
- Knowledge of UI/UX best practices
- Previous experience working with frameworks such as Angular
- Experience with front end test automation
- Implementing front end tests
- The ability to write clear and concise code whilst implementing appropriate software design patterns
- An interest in Games or racing
Life at Hutch
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch, central London with other offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We're an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our permanant employees with:
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 2 days per week
- Excellent salaries
- Stock Options
- Private health care
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Free snacks and drinks
- Lots of social events, game launch parties, Friday night drinks and much more
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Recruitment Agencies - Please note, we're not looking for any assistance with this role.
Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us - https://www.hutch.io/