Senior Full-Stack Developer, Services Foundation
4 months ago
Unity enables game developers to make a living doing what they love — making games. We provide a multitude of services from our cloud platform for building exciting gaming features, enabling powerful analytics to measure key metrics, using machine learning to help developers make smart decisions, to enabling games to monetizing their entire player base with gaming ads for gamers — just to name a few. Trusted by large publishers and indies alike, we are proudly built by Unity and focus strongly on gaming. Harnessing the power of the engine, Unity offers a vast variety of services for game developers.
Our technology stack is built to create solid products that allow us to operate in a changing environment. It includes Node.js, Golang, Google Cloud Platform and many others selected to fit for purpose. Stability, quality, and robustness of code are requirements in our development environment. Our teams are highly autonomous and take the lead and responsibility in designing and developing solutions that enable us to scale towards the future and meet the customer requirements. The model of continuous deployment with multiple deployments to production per day enables us to move fast with small iterations and base most of our decisions on data.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our Services Foundation team. You will be part of the team who is working on providing great platforms for customers to configure their service needs. As part of this effort, we are unifying our service products into a unified Dashboard, Editor and API experience. The Services Foundation team is working on rethinking our API gateway, developer identity and access management to provide a foundation for different services to be exposed to our customers — while also thinking how to enable our internal feature teams to succeed. You will have an impact in creating both front- and back-end code which will make the user experience as smooth as our designers envisioned it while solving hard technical problems to support our existing services infrastructure and expanding that as we grow.
- Design, develop new services and improve our existing services to provide a foundation for other feature teams
- Implement and rethink our API gateway, developer identity and access management
- Ensure service scalability and reliability through effective code, architecture and data storage design
- Ensure high-quality delivery with unit and integration tests
- Design, test and implement features also on the front-ends (React) with the UI / UX team of designers to support this foundation
- Maintain infra used for our services and databases (good place to learn infra in practise)
- Solid experience in software development and different software testing practices
- Experience in being self-driven, taking initiatives, making decisions and taking ownership on how things are solved
- Ability to communicate clearly your ideas, solutions and collaborate with the team in English
- Understanding how different data storage engines work and what are the limitations (SQL, NoSQL, key-value -stores)
- Experience in Golang, GraphQL, API gateways, identity and access management
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in React web app development (or similar)
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.