This job might no longer be available.
Front End Engineer - Game Team
6 days ago
Who we are
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and background impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we’ll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you’re passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Front-end Web Developer at Fortis, you will help us develop and operate the front-end web software powering our soon-to-be-announced online game.
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE
- Develop and maintain front-end software for high-scale, web-based online game
- Work with game-client software engineers, producers and game designers to design and develop client-side SDKs in support of integrating our games with the web platform
- Work with back-end software engineers to implement APIs for server-dependent features
- Instrument, profile, and analyze website code to identify and fix complex bugs and performance issues
- Produce technical design documentation to explain and educate stakeholders and fellow engineers about software design decisions and principles
- Triage and fix high-impact issues that arise working in a live environment
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Prior front-end web development experience in a customer-facing production environment
- Familiarity with the React and Remix frameworks
- Familiarity with the Nx and NPM/PNPM build systems
- Prior experience developing and deploying complex, responsive web applications across popular PC and mobile web browsers
- Ability to solicit and incorporate feedback in an iterative prototyping process
- Ability to work on a team with other engineers, designers, and developers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
- We're not just about making Games Where You Belong. We're also about building communities where our people belong. That's why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
- Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.