Front-End Developer Student Worker
8 days ago
We are looking for a student to join our frontend team working on our internal continuous integration (CI) solution.
You will work closely with experienced developers, learning modern frontend technologies and software design.
As a student worker we expect you to contribute directly to achieving our team’s goals. Unity values the best ideas, and if you are proactive and passionate about solving our users problems we will enable you to do just that.
Expect to learn. A lot. We know you might not know the programming languages, tools, and processes we use, but we want to help you learn them. What we do expect is your critical thinking and teamwork skills to make an impact on our work!
What you’ll be doing
- Deliver a high quality web client written in React and used by internal Unity developers. You will have to make sure the code is well tested and follows good software practices
- We believe in collaboration, and we do a lot of work using pair programming. Code changes will always be discussed with the team, so you will always have support while also potentially having a huge impact on the end product!
- Work together with UX designers and backend developers
- Interact directly with end users to discuss features or solve issues they might have
What we’re looking for
- You are currently studying in a relevant subject area such as computer science or software engineering and looking for a student worker position
- You have a demonstrated interest in frontend web development
- You like to work in a group and are not afraid to discuss your ideas openly with other team members
- You enjoy and actively find opportunities to learn new things
You might also have
- Experience with frontend development in general and React in particular
- Experience with end-to-end testing frameworks such as Cypress
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.