This job might no longer be available.
Front-End Developer – Engineering and Platform
San Francisco CA us
6 days ago
Ubisoft is looking for passionate front-end developers who enjoy setting ambitious goals and taking up complex challenges, to join our team to work on designing and creating aesthetic designs for a platform used by the entire internal Ubisoft community.
In this role, you’ll be joining the Engineering and Platform team which is the creative powerhouse behind Ubisoft’s IT platform: a one-stop destination, offering teams access to services for leveraging cloud and infrastructure in a uniform, self-serve way.
We rely on modern infrastructure, leveraging Kubernetes at its core and pushing its boundaries to host platform services in multiple variations.
From a software service standpoint, our focus is currently on authentication, authorization, API Gateway, Secret Manager, SDK, service mesh, and database – with much more to come.
As a front-end developer, you’ll be responsible for providing an enhanced user experience on our platform, working mainly on web projects for various areas like Cloud Consoles, Platform UIs, and Developer Portals for this platform.
- Design and create user-friendly interfaces while seeking optimal performance and answer client’s needs;
- Participate on the design of Platform-as-a-Service web pages to ensure good user experience;
- Write reusable code in an elegant way aiming at reusable, optimal, maintainable solutions that will enhance the platform’s quality;
- Proposes ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures, and technologies used;
- Adheres to the standards and best practices in department and company;
- Creates prototypes for client or customer engagements - In the case of platform components the customer is often Game Production Teams or other IT service teams;
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies regarding processes;
Qualifications and skills
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering (or equivalent);
- Solid experience as a front-end developer;
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX;
- Knowledge in NodeJS ecosystem is an asset (nodejs, webpack, npm, etc);
- Having good interpersonal and communication skills in distributed teams;
- English is required both orally and written.
Nice to have experience
- Agile / Scrum
- Unit Testing / Integration Testing / Automation Testing
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry. Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass.
With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects. Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams.
This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry. Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.