This job might no longer be available.
Front-End Developer – Engineering and Platform
Halifax NS ca
8 days ago
Ubisoft is looking for passionate front-end developers who enjoy setting ambitious goals and taking up complex challenges, to join our team to work on designing and creating aesthetic designs for a platform used by the entire internal Ubisoft community.
In this role, you’ll be joining the Engineering and Platform team which is the creative powerhouse behind Ubisoft’s IT platform: a one-stop destination, offering teams access to services for leveraging cloud and infrastructure in a uniform, self-serve way.
We rely on modern infrastructure, leveraging Kubernetes at its core and pushing its boundaries to host platform services in multiple variations.
From a software service standpoint, our focus is currently on authentication, authorization, API Gateway, Secret Manager, SDK, service mesh, and database – with much more to come.
As a front-end developer, you’ll be responsible for providing an enhanced user experience on our platform, working mainly on web projects for various areas like Cloud Consoles, Platform UIs, and Developer Portals for this platform.
- Design and create user-friendly interfaces while seeking optimal performance and answer client’s needs;
- Participate on the design of Platform-as-a-Service web pages to ensure good user experience;
- Write reusable code in an elegant way aiming at reusable, optimal, maintainable solutions that will enhance the platform’s quality;
- Proposes ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures, and technologies used;
- Adheres to the standards and best practices in department and company;
- Creates prototypes for client or customer engagements - In the case of platform components the customer is often Game Production Teams or other IT service teams;
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies regarding processes.
Qualifications and skills
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering (or equivalent);
- Solid experience as a front-end developer;
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX;
- Knowledge in NodeJS ecosystem is an asset (nodejs, webpack, npm, etc);
- Having good interpersonal and communication skills in distributed teams;
- English is required both orally and written.
Nice to have experience
- Agile / Scrum
- Unit Testing / Integration Testing / Automation Testing
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft Halifax began its journey with Ubisoft in 2015 and has since grown to over 70 employees with a focus on diversity and expertise, and a taste for experimentation. The studio is Ubisoft’s first Canadian studio to specialize in mobile free-to-play games, mixing Ubisoft’s expertise on major franchises with an approach to wider casual audiences. Ubisoft Halifax is also a solid co-dev studio inside of the Ubisoft ecosystem, participating in many of the most exciting future mobile projects in the company; as well as working on exciting unannounced projects of its own. The studio takes part in many local initiatives to grow the community of game developers in Atlantic Canada, and make the industry more inclusive and diverse.