This job might no longer be available.
Front-End Developer – Engineering and Platform
Winnipeg MB ca
6 days ago
Ubisoft is looking for passionate front-end developers who enjoy setting ambitious goals and taking up complex challenges, to join our team to work on designing and creating aesthetic designs for a platform used by the entire internal Ubisoft community.
In this role, you’ll be joining the Engineering and Platform team which is the creative powerhouse behind Ubisoft’s IT platform: a one-stop destination, offering teams access to services for leveraging cloud and infrastructure in a uniform, self-serve way.
We rely on modern infrastructure, leveraging Kubernetes at its core and pushing its boundaries to host platform services in multiple variations.
From a software service standpoint, our focus is currently on authentication, authorization, API Gateway, Secret Manager, SDK, service mesh, and database – with much more to come.
As a front-end developer, you’ll be responsible for providing an enhanced user experience on our platform, working mainly on web projects for various areas like Cloud Consoles, Platform UIs, and Developer Portals for this platform.
- Design and create user-friendly interfaces while seeking optimal performance and answer client’s needs;
- Participate on the design of Platform-as-a-Service web pages to ensure good user experience;
- Write reusable code in an elegant way aiming at reusable, optimal, maintainable solutions that will enhance the platform’s quality;
- Proposes ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures, and technologies used;
- Adheres to the standards and best practices in department and company;
- Creates prototypes for client or customer engagements - In the case of platform components the customer is often Game Production Teams or other IT service teams;
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies regarding processes.
Qualifications and skills
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering (or equivalent);
- Solid experience as a front-end developer;
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX;
- Knowledge in NodeJS ecosystem is an asset (nodejs, webpack, npm, etc);
- Having good interpersonal and communication skills in distributed teams;
- English is required both orally and written.
Nice to have experience
- Agile / Scrum
- Unit Testing / Integration Testing / Automation Testing
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators—at all Ubisoft Canadian studios—to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch Dogs. Our vanguard studio is on the hunt for passionate and experienced innovators to lead our inspired team in the creation of leading-edge technology in one of Canada’s fastest growing cities for game and tech development. Join the family!