This job might no longer be available.
Front-End Developer, Digital Marketing
New York, NY, United States
7 months ago
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is looking for a talented and self-reliant front-end web developer to join our Digital Marketing team in SoHo, NYC.
If you’re always viewing the source on web sites and figuring out how the internet could be a better place, then we want you! We’re looking for web developers who can find the simplest way to achieve complex and rewarding results. Our ideal candidate should be proficient in writing cutting-edge code and always be looking for ways to improve.
As a front-end web developer, you should have a deep understanding of what it means to polyfill, autoprefix, and get around browser limitations to get to the end result you had in mind when you started a project. You should be the person people come to when they want something fixed on their website. We are looking for both front-end and back-end web developers. If you're proficient in either, or both, and you feel you're qualified, please apply.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Digital Marketing team is responsible for the end to end creation of the marketing side of all our web properties. This includes our main website, www.rockstargames.com, all of our individual marketing game sites (e.g. www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2), as well as our customer support site, support.rockstargames.com.
- The development team is specifically responsible for the, you guessed it, development of those sites. The most important trait as a web developer in 2020 is to be able to adapt and show your ability to absorb new web tech and make decisions on how to code based on the balancing act of browser support, implementing new ES6 features, and polyfilling in between.
- We take initiative and work very closely with the Digital Design team, core Marketing team, and the Art team to discuss what works, what doesn’t, and how that all fits into a timeline for launch. We go back and forth with designers and our opinions change the shape of what’s possible.
- We own our own code and take pride in knowing that our final products are seen by millions of people.
- Create and deploy production-ready web code.
- Work with QA team to squash bugs.
- Work with localization team to come up with ways to enhance the user experience of people viewing our sites in languages other than English.
- Work with dev team to come up with better ways to test and deploy.
- Work with back-end web developers, designers, and non-tech people to come up with timelines, designs, project strategy and plans for code launch.
- Continually bring new ideas to the table.
- 5+ years professional experience developing single-page web applications in the front-end.
- 3+ years experience using a source control system such as git.
- 1+ year experience using the package manager npm.
- 1+ year experience using CSS preprocessors such as LESS, or Sass.
- Ability to write easily-maintainable code and explain it in detail, and explain the problem it solved.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience writing unit tests for your front-end code.
- Experience with leveraging CDNs such as Akamai to reduce server load.
- Experience with configuring Webpack to minimize server load.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.