French Localization Specialist
San Mateo, CA, United States
7 days ago
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work® . We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a French Localization Specialist, you will help us deliver our products to users for the French market. In this role, you will work with multiple teams on several types of projects to offer our users a complete immersive localized experienced that will be culturally relevant. You will have the opportunity to own the language quality from end to end – from early localization, to localization QA, to developing glossaries and style guides for localization standards. As a user-generated content platform, we also use a Text Filter to ensure that Roblox is a safe place for all ages to create, socialize, and share. You will collaborate with our engineers to train our Text Filter so that it is culturally relevant for our French speaking users.
● Experienced: 5+ years of localization experience in software/internet industry. This means you have a great understanding of localization and internationalization issues as well as familiarity with localization tools and processes
● Education in Translation, Linguistics - a BA. or equivalent
● Native fluency in French: strong written and communication skills in both French and English , and a familiarity with French culture, pop culture and customs
● LQA experience: Familiarity with bug reporting process and softwares
● Demonstrated self-starter: you are quick learner, detail-oriented, and quality-focused
● Adaptable: comfortable learning new technologies and change of process
● Knowledgeable: Understanding of gaming industry, gaming platforms and Social platforms trends in the US and France
- Provide high quality French translations for our product, marketing, and others
- Create and manage the rules for the French Text Filter
- Write and maintain translation memories, glossaries, and style guides
- Work closely with product & engineering teams to provide French Linguistic and Localization QA for our product
- Collaborate with external localization vendors to maintain and improve the language quality
- Uncover, evaluate, and fix linguistic and localization issues
- Serve as a subject matter expert for French language and culture
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass