French Language Lead - Global Localization Operations - 12 Month Contract
27 days ago
Our Publishing Strategy and Operations team provides overarching strategic and operational support to Publishing teams and live operational support for players around the world. This team works in close collaboration across Games, Entertainment, Enterprise and Esports pillars to enhance the player experience.
Localization’s vision is to be the industry-leading force behind the most authentic and culturally resonant global entertainment.
We create games for players all over the world and our recipe for success is going where they are and sharing awesome gaming experiences that truly resonate. The French Language Manager will help translate emotions rather than words, reshape (or adopt when needed) the use of gamer slang, recreate top literary beauty, and be part of an evergreen, expanding global community.
The French Language Manager will set the stage so that Riot can deliver a high quality and authentic localized experience that feels native to its French speaking players, aligned with the global Localization and Publishing Strategies. The French Language Manager will help other localization functions, products and external vendors to define and implement mechanisms to hit their quality bars, and guide important decisions around locale’s specific requirements.
The French Language Manager will be based in the Dublin office and also work along the Brand Team based in France, designing sustainable and evergreen strategies that integrate the interests and sensitives of local players, and will infuse these strategies in linguistic teams. The main goals of this role are to build localization excellence in French service providers, create and maintain guidelines for external partners, foster team’s clear focus on quality, and improve the authentic player experience .
- Lead French localization service providers to provide cultural & linguistic consultancy to deliver the most authentic localized experience to players
- Gain product knowledge and awareness of metrics for French speaking audiences and define quality expectations through research, insights methodologies and feedback from the brand teams alongside the gaming community
- Work closely with Language Management, Localization Operations and Partner Management teams to define the standards of excellence for vendors supporting French
- Based on stakeholder and player feedback and regional publishing strategy, define linguistic standards across the whole player experience in French, including development of style guides, glossaries, supporting the tone and voice of Riot products
- Identify improvement opportunities with the existing French localization practices at Riot
- Train and guide external linguistic teams based on the standards and documentation developed
- 4+ years experience in a language-centric localization role
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of linguists or localization vendors
- Native proficiency in French
- Professional fluency in English
- Linguist by training or the ability/experience to identify language patterns and address linguistic issues
- Editorial experience on IP's and creative content
- Deep understanding of the French speaking gaming community and their expectations
- Experience with historical, political and recent social trends in French speaking communities
- Knowledge of Riot product portfolio across Gaming, Entertainment and Esports
- Player empathy and an understanding of the value of services delivered
- Academic education in a linguistics-related subject area
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.