USA-CA-San Diego-Via Esprillo / 721
7 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Diego, CA
Passionate about working on critical initiatives to combat fraud that allow for creativity and room for growth? At PlayStation, we use a variety of the most groundbreaking tools and take care of enormous amounts of data. Are you a strong believer in using data and technology to drive the best business decisions? If so, read on…
We are committed to building a next generation fraud and risk platform that will support the global, fast growing PlayStation® Network customer base, outstanding PlayStation® consoles, PlayStation® Direct , PlayStation® Music, PlayStation® Video and PlayStation® Now.
We need team members with a solid understanding of online fraud, the incentives of fraudsters, the hunger to outsmart them, the creativity to think like them, and an ability to use new and existing tools to halt them. Your primary responsibilities will be analyzing and using data to prevent fraud. You will be a member of a team that provides analysis, monitoring, and management of risk for global activity on our platform.
The mission of fighting fraud daily can involve anything from short term (a few weeks) to long term projects (6+ months). We have lots of challenges, things change, and we get to be creative as we seek problems and build solutions.
- Detects patterns of fraud behavior through proactive investigation of current transaction and activity data with both digital and physical goods
- Develops crisp and thought provoking analyses on activities in GFM scope
- Communicates analysis results, critical metrics, investigation results, and fraud mitigation efforts
- Capable of navigating and supporting compliance and risk processes
- Builds fraud metrics, reports, and alerting for anomalies
- Works closely with internal teams to ensure the department is accountable for delivery and has the data required to be effective
- Partners with Customer Service on tools for detection of customer and agent risk
- Assists in developing a detailed understanding of business impacts of our work, both for our department and overall company
- 5+ years of experience in eCommerce online fraud risk mitigation
- Experience preparing complex analyses for fraud, security, and/or payments
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent
- Adept at understanding the sources of fraud
- Talented at rule creation within a fast-paced evolving environment
- Comfortable discussing threats and opportunities in risk environments
- Hands-on experience with SQL and data visualization tools
- Problem-solving skills with a demonstrable ability to achieve business objectives
- Takes personal accountability for delivery of individual and team objectives
- Excellent social skills and the ability to work with geographically remote and diverse teams
- Collaborative communications that promote good working relationships
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented
- Flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations
- Big data experience
- Working knowledge of Tableau, Splunk, Snowflake, JIRA, and Confluence
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony’s products, services, and devices
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us, and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.