13 days ago
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory , Mabinogi and Vindictus , which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2022 for 2 years in a row! With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Fraud Analyst is responsible for proactively identifying and mitigating the risk of online fraud across all games. This includes identifying vulnerabilities in existing systems, and processes, recommending improvements, and implementing player-facing fraud reduction policies and procedures.
We are currently working in the office 2-3x a week in a hybrid work model.
- Review chargebacks and fraudulent activities daily utilizing fraud tools
- Investigate suspected fraud and use sound judgment when taking action
- Review and analyze various fraud notifications and transactions
- Identify fraud patterns and communicate across teams and management
- Assist with documentation, investigation, and tracking of disputes and chargebacks
- Generate suspicious activity reports and risk management reports for Managers
- Identify and communicate potential process improvements in the fraud processes as needed
- Work with Customer Support team to block/unblock fraudulent players
- 3+ years of experience in fraud prevention/detection and micro-transaction fraud prevention preferred
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience, preferred
- Experience working with various transaction & risk systems
- Experience with rule engine, chargeback, and represented processes
- Good PC skills using MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and time management skills
- Ability to communicate issues and solutions with both technical and non-technical teams
- Background in gaming or passion for gaming
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.