9 days ago
About Green Man Gaming
Green Man Gaming is a multi-award-winning global retailer, publisher, and technology business in the video games industry. Working with the world’s leading gaming brands, Green Man Gaming sells games to millions of customers across 195 countries via its market-leading eCommerce platform. Green Man Gaming’s Publishing division offers more choice to independent studios as they navigate their route to market. The Digital Partners Program enables developers to opt for a mixture of publishing services, providing more flexibility to access the expertise and channels they require. Green Man Gaming continues to expand, increasing their service offering and reinforcing its footprint in global markets including LATAM, SE Asia & China.
We are looking for a Fraud Analyst to join our Fraud and Payments team. Ideally, this will be someone who loves solving problems, enjoys manipulating lots of data and who wants to help us fight fraud. You’ll be joining a team of dedicated and experienced Fraud Analysts and you will be on the frontline detecting and preventing fraud!
Every day you will
- Review and screen online customer orders and payments and identify fraudulent orders and behaviour on our website.
- Monitor and investigate transactions using internal tools and external fraud prevention systems.
- Undertake proactive analysis of transactional and customer records; link transactions and accounts to known or suspected fraudulent MO’s and identify new fraud trends.
- Manage chargeback and dispute cases across a variety of systems and payment providers with a view to minimising chargeback rates.
- Provide analysis on fraud trends and chargeback levels to management.
- Manage different types of abuse on our website using in house and external tools.
- Monitor payments performance and assist with payments development for the business.
- Manage payments issues on an individual customer level or on a wider business level, as needed.
- Recommend process improvements and make suggestions that will help us refine our fraud prevention setup.
- Liaise with payment providers and fraud solution providers and other third parties on matters relating to fraud prevention and/or payments.
- Respond to customer queries by email/phone.
- Provide expert advice and support to Customer Service on all fraud and payments related matters.
- Cross train Customer Service team members and new members of the Fraud team.
- Maintain positive working relationships with the wider business.
The ideal candidate will be
- Curious and proactive: if something seems off, you want to figure out what is going on and identify any issues.
- Critical and detailed: you have a sharp eye for spotting trends and patterns.
- Analytical: you love having data to back up an argument. You always want to know the numbers and understand what they mean.
- Conscientious and passionate: you are dedicated to preventing fraud in all its guises.
- Decisive, yet open to learning: you’ll make many critical decisions every day, and you will be wrong some of the time (and be ok with that).
- Well organized, and delivery focused: you understand the importance of (and enjoy) working accurately and delivering results.
- Articulate: You are able to communicate clearly and effectively on paper and in person.
- Independent yet a team player: you enjoy working in a close-knit, supportive team but are equally happy to work by yourself and hold the fort!
- Reliable: Green Man Gaming and your team can count on you!
The ideal candidate will have
- At least 3-4 years of experience in Fraud Prevention in an e-commerce environment (digital goods preferred) and a good grasp of e-commerce fraud MOs and tactics used by fraudsters to commit fraud.
- A good understanding of fraud rules management and fraud prevention systems.
- Working knowledge of Cybersource, Paypal, Adyen, Boa Compra and Looker preferred but not essential.
- A good understanding of payment processes and chargebacks/disputes (cards & alternative payment methods).
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Good data analysis skills – Excel is a must have.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Flexible working
- 30 days paid holiday per year (including Bank Holidays) increased with the length of service
- Sabbatical leave following 3 and 6 years of employment
- Company Share Option Plan
- 50% game discount for employees
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme