This job might no longer be available.
Financial Planning Analyst - GBO Finance (6m FTC)
London, England, United Kingdom
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers
since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in
interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive
Entertainment, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Financial Planning Analyst – GBO Finance, is responsible for supporting the accurate and timely global consolidation, planning and analysis of the budget and forecast cycles for delivery into Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) corporate head office.
This role requires preparation of monthly reporting and insight to senior management, including building new automated reports to
You will be supporting our new GBO system project, including next phase system improvements and maintenance to ensure global consistency and alignment, in addition to developing a suite of reports to deliver quality global insights and accurate tracking to latest plans.
This role will be partnering with regional business operations teams based in London, San Mateo and Tokyo. The ability to quickly build relationships, co‐ordinate and manage workload across different time zones is key to success in this role. The Financial Planning Analyst – GBO Finance will be reporting to the Head of Global FP&A.
What you’ll be doing:
- Co‐ordination and timely aggregation of regional forecast/budget submissions to ensure accurate
global consolidation to support presentations to GBO Leadership team and SIE corporate
- Working with key finance stakeholders across regional business operations to prepare detailed
global financial analysis, providing financial support and challenging submissions
- Preparation and consolidation of monthly reporting (e.g. actuals and flash), with a processimprovement focus, including streamlining areas of duplication and developing automated reports
to provide global financials insights
- Support the new GBO system project, including next phase development, maintenance and report
building to support forecast/budget reviews and presentations
- Identifying areas of inconsistencies across regional business operations to drive global alignment
- Initiate process improvements within GBO finance, challenging the status quo and being pro‐active
in devising new process and ways of working
- Ad‐hoc financial and project support, as required
What we are looking for:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with at least 5 years PQE
- Experience working in a group headquarters FP&A role in a multi‐currency environment
- Highly organised, with the ability to multi‐task and handle high volume of requests in a time‐
pressured environment meeting strict deadlines
- Self‐starter, pro‐active and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexible, an “open to change” mind‐set, with a focus on process improvement
- Methodical and consistent approach to working
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, with demonstrated experience building automated
reports and quality presentations for senior management
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.